Limp chick

Mine were terrified of me when they first came (got them about 6 weeks old) 3 weeks on I'm their climbing frame. Love them!!
Did you buy their love with treats, or did they just learn eventually that you're not trying to kill them?

2/3 of mine are two weeks old now, so they're moving to their intermediate pen this weekend. I'm planning on sitting in there with them until they figure out that I'm not a threat.

Mine are too. I swear. I feed them organic non-GMO food, talk to them, clean their pasty butts so they don't die, make them warm wet mash, eggs and nutridrench for an extra boost, pick them up daily and let them snuggle into me, always handle them gently, don't approach too fast and talk soothingly, and they still treat me like I'm a raccoon trying to murder them. I guess the tiny babies are kind of oblivious, but when they get a bit older the predator avoidance stuff kicks in. I used to coo out "Baaaaabieeees" and they'd come running out to see me. Now they all scramble and huddle together at the edges of the brooder. I have been promised that when I start giving them live mealworms this weekend they will love me again. I hope that's true. I am sad, lol.
Did you buy their love with treats, or did they just learn eventually that you're not trying to kill them?

2/3 of mine are two weeks old now, so they're moving to their intermediate pen this weekend. I'm planning on sitting in there with them until they figure out that I'm not a threat.

They have just learned that I'm fun to jump on and peck at lol! Once one got confident they all just joined in. I've got 8 rescue chicks with a few weeks between them I think. All of a sudden they got really inquisitive.

Attachments

• 20190514_145625-1.jpg
    20190514_145625-1.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190514_145625-1.jpg
    20190514_145625-1.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 3
They have just learned that I'm fun to jump on and peck at lol! Once one got confident they all just joined in. I've got 8 rescue chicks with a few weeks between them I think. All of a sudden they got really inquisitive.
God dang it chicken math. What is that glorious creature on your arm? I need it. Is that a white crested polish? I'm not really up on the crested breeds. I didn't think they were that cute until just now. Darn it anyway. :lau

Back
Top Bottom