Limping all of a sudden?

BabyGirls

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 24, 2007
Concord, NC
I know that this is probably hard to diagnos but one of my girls started limping all of a sudden (2 days now at least). Every time she walks she wobbles then immediately lifts her right foot up? My husband picked her up and held her so I could look at her foot-nothing at all-no marks !? If I go a little more up the legs with some pressure-she flinches. Any ideas at all? I hate to see her like that and don't know if she is in pain. She ends up sitting down now for most of the day. Could she have pulled or sprained somthing? What do you do or where can you go for help? I feel just terrible for her.

Can you give a chicken Advil (smaller dose)?

My chicken has exactly the same problem! I wonder if it is caused by the change in temperature...? I'm sorry I can't help...

You can give her a reg. plain old aspirin or two in her water (thats what is used for pain) and separate her for a few days in a cage or box to see if that helps..might help keeping her off the foot...if it was bumblefoot I think you would see the start of that or a sore....just my two cents and I'm not a chicken doctor!....

Back
Top Bottom