Limping Bantam Cochin Hen

CayugaMama

Songster
May 22, 2020
Austin, TX
Hello! My Bantam Cochin Hen has been limping for a week or so now. When she stands in place, she lifts the one leg. I have checked for bumble foot and that doesn't seem to be the case. She seemed completely fine otherwise, so I was hoping the issue would resolve itself. However, overt he past few days I've noticed her comb seems to be a light orange/pink color, rather than the usual red. Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

Another symptom: She has not laid in about a month. Which is unusual for her, as it does not get very cold here in Austin, TX.

Does she put the leg down to put weight on it when she walks? Injuries are very common. The color change in the comb and not laying may be due to fewer hours of daylight right now, but hard to know for sure. How old is she? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease?

She is only 1.5 years old. Was not vaccinated for Marek's, but shows no other symptoms of it. After looking for closely at her feet, I can see that her scales are dry and a little crusty looking. I suppose it may be scaly leg mites. If anyone has an ideal treatment plan for that, please let me know!

She is only 1.5 years old. Was not vaccinated for Marek's, but shows no other symptoms of it. After looking for closely at her feet, I can see that her scales are dry and a little crusty looking. I suppose it may be scaly leg mites. If anyone has an ideal treatment plan for that, please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom