Limping Barred Rock

Thomps Hens

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 29, 2013
Ohio
Yesterday we noticed that our 18 week old BR was limping on her left foot. They just started actually using there new coop and roosts a couple weeks ago and I am wondering if she just fell off the roost and landed wrong since there are still clumsy on the roosts and walkways. Have looked at her foot and no sign of Bumblefoot or any other signs of illness. It is not paralyzed or anything, She will walk on it but favors it and will hold it up every now and then after she walks a distance on it. She still runs out for 'snacks' and runs over to me from grass.. Think she may have just sprained it in her clumsiness?

Thank you for reply. As I stated in my original post I did not see any signs of BumbleFoot. Let's hope it is just sprained/strained :) Keeping an eye on her and she still doesn't exhibit any other signs of illness.

My speckled sussex sustained a sprain to the leg, and held it up hopping on one leg for a month. She didn't have to be penned up because she ate, drank, foraged, and even roosted on that one leg. She finally started walking normally and is fine now. I see similar posts here each day, but when they can't walk at all or get up, then I think broken leg. Many don't recover from that. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom