limping chick. dead chick and what about antibiotics

danita

In the Brooder
May 20, 2015
A few questions.
1. I have a 10 week old hen that started limping 48 hours ago. We have brought her in and put her without even of my younger feathery friends. She
is allowed out a couple times a day for fresh air and stretching. Am I on the right track?
2. About 5 days ago the weather turned cold again, my bantam was so very cold that we just moved her in the house. I noticed another 8 week old he was puffed out and cold so I put her in my coat and eventually put her in the winter house for warmth. Woke up the next morning and she was dead. I noticed a couple of my older girls and one of my Littles were coughing and sneezing. I put them on antibiotics, oxytretacycline HCI. it's been 2 days. How long should I use it and can we eat the eggs during this time? If not,how long after we discontinue use do we need to wait before we can eat them again. Thanks for all you chick mama's and papa's out there. You always give me the best advice

Darn it, she is NOT isolated, she is in with my little bantam.keeping each other good company too.
1f637.png

Back
Top Bottom