Limping chicken

Ranpan

Hatching
Mar 31, 2017
Birmingham
Hi everyone, I have a 26 week old splash Orpington that has been limping since we got her at 16 weeks old. It seems to be her left leg, she doesn't put much of her weight on it and when she's standing still she lifts it if occasionally. Her toes are bending fine and she doesn't have bumble foot. She's hasn't grown as fast as my other POL hens and she seems to want to sleep a lot. She's eating and drinking fine but hasn't started laying yet. She doesn't seem to be ill, she doesn't have diarrhoea or anything like that. I've looked at the leg and there's no sign of injury or swelling or excess heat. If anyone has got any ideas what it could be I would be very grateful for your opinion.

Thanks for the reply. My perches are low, but she's had this problem since I brought her home. It's something she was either born with or something happened to her where we got her from. I'm baffled :s

Thanks for the reply. My perches are low, but she's had this problem since I brought her home. It's something she was either born with or something happened to her where we got her from. I'm baffled :s

If it doesn't really bother her at all, I would not be concerned..:)...Possibly her hip was injured as a Chick?.....

Best wishes..:)

She doesn't seem too bothered, I'm just concerned that she seems to be sleeping more than the others and one of my other hens has had to be separated from her as she bullys her because she can't run away like the others. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom