Limping Chicken

Z_Mom

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 26, 2017
Someone please help me with an answer. About 3 weeks ago my chicken was limping one morning when we checked on her. I assumed it was an injury from being picked on by one of my bigger girls. We crated her for about a week solid and then let her out a couple hours each day and she seemed to be doing better. We gave her the vitamin B therapy and the aspirin for three days. She was doing better with almost no limp. I got rid of one of my big girls a few days ago because she was doing the picking on all the little girls. So I let this one out Saturday and let her roost which she did on her own but it seems like she's doing worse now. I crated her again today and started aspirin again can anyone tell me what they think this is? I have felt her and feel no swelling, no cuts, no mites, she eats fine and acts fine. I am at a total loss of what this can be. she was born March 5th. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but it looks like one leg is off colored to the other like not as yellow as the other leg and foot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_144520.jpg
    IMG_20200601_144520.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 43
Someone please help me with an answer. About 3 weeks ago my chicken was limping one morning when we checked on her. I assumed it was an injury from being picked on by one of my bigger girls. We crated her for about a week solid and then let her out a couple hours each day and she seemed to be doing better. We gave her the vitamin B therapy and the aspirin for three days. She was doing better with almost no limp. I got rid of one of my big girls a few days ago because she was doing the picking on all the little girls. So I let this one out Saturday and let her roost which she did on her own but it seems like she's doing worse now. I crated her again today and started aspirin again can anyone tell me what they think this is? I have felt her and feel no swelling, no cuts, no mites, she eats fine and acts fine. I am at a total loss of what this can be. she was born March 5th. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but it looks like one leg is off colored to the other like not as yellow as the other leg and foot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_143729.jpg
    IMG_20200601_143729.jpg
    823.5 KB · Views: 10
Could it be bumblefoot? I saw you said no cuts, but do you see any black scabs on the feet/toes? I'm treating one of my chickens for it now.

Is she weak? Could it be a nutritional deficiency? (Mainly posting to keep you bumped and for other more experienced people to chime in).

this just happened with one of our girls. she progressively lost more and more mobility until she could only move her neck, leading us to assume Mareks :(

She is still happy this morning. She is in her wire crate. I casted her leg last night with what I had and I will cast it better today. Any suggestions on that would be great. 😊

Back
Top Bottom