Any help is appreciated ! Thanks!

Attachments

• 4DFDE664-12AE-4B2F-B157-DA4EE3DD5C68.jpeg
    4DFDE664-12AE-4B2F-B157-DA4EE3DD5C68.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 59BCDC73-7B0C-4AA2-A7E2-2F2DB62CEAE1.jpeg
    59BCDC73-7B0C-4AA2-A7E2-2F2DB62CEAE1.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 6
Sometimes chickens can hurt themselves by jumping down off of the perch wrong or out of a nest box!😉 I’ve had many chickens do this! It doesn’t look like she has any bumblefoot to me and nothing looks swollen? So I’m going to guess that she jumped down and landed on her foot wrong!😉

Like us, they can pull muscles, twist a joint, bang a knee and more. Just watch her for a few days and see if she doesn't improve.
During the watch phase, if you think her injury might be something more serious, confine her to an area where she won't be encouraged to jump up or down, making the injury worse. If that means keeping her off of roost bars, do it if you think it will help...

I think the darker footpad looks a little suspect for bumblefoot. Could you soak her legs in warm soapy or Epsom salts water for about 15 minutes to clean off the dirt? Then take a new picture.

Like us, they can pull muscles, twist a joint, bang a knee and more. Just watch her for a few days and see if she doesn't improve.
During the watch phase, if you think her injury might be something more serious, confine her to an area where she won't be encouraged to jump up or down, making the injury worse. If that means keeping her off of roost bars, do it if you think it will help...
She is still limping but also laying eggs
Would it be best to put her down?

She is still limping but also laying eggs
Would it be best to put her down?
I hear you. Does she look like she's in pain? Is she moving around ok besides the limp? Putting her down is a last resort, but only you can make that call.

Can you upload a video of her limping? You'll need to upload it to a site that will host a video (like YouTube, and others), then share the link to the video here. We'll have a better understanding of her condition if you can do that.

I hear you. Does she look like she's in pain? Is she moving around ok besides the limp? Putting her down is a last resort, but only you can make that call.

Can you upload a video of her limping? You'll need to upload it to a site that will host a video (like YouTube, and others), then share the link to the video here. We'll have a better understanding of her condition if you can do that.
She doesnt seem to be in pain
I also tried just washing her feet in water
These are videos of her limping she is the dominique

I think the darker footpad looks a little suspect for bumblefoot. Could you soak her legs in warm soapy or Epsom salts water for about 15 minutes to clean off the dirt? Then take a new picture.

She doesnt seem to be in pain
I also tried just washing her feet in water
These are videos of her limping she is the dominique

Something is giving her discomfort. Did you use Epsom salt in the water to soak her foot while you were washing them? Once you've done that, can you post a few new photos of the bottom of her foot when clean?

I think Eggcessive is on the right track here...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom