Limping chickens....what the?????

munchkinlover

Songster
Oct 6, 2019
NW Arkansas
I have a 1 year old girl that has been limping bad enough that she just stops and lays most of the time. I have examined her more than once and cannot find anything that looks wrong. The pads on both of her feet look fine, her leg looks fine and no mites that I know of. I did notice her poop and it's pretty runny and gross. She has taken to sleeping in a nesting box or on the floor of the coop because she has too hard of a time on the roost boards. Today I just noticed that one of my 8 week old chicks is limping as well. I am too new at this to know what to do. Can anyone help me? I can attach pics soon, but I have to catch her first.

I am getting desperate to find something to help her. She isn't really eating much and I'm not sure she's drinking either. She looks pale and her tail droops badly. I am attaching some pics of her foot and vent and general appearance. Please help if you can. We may be putting her down soon. I don't like to see her suffering.

Attachments

• Dot's Bum 2.jpg
    Dot's Bum 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Dot's Bum.jpg
    Dot's Bum.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Dot's Foot.jpg
    Dot's Foot.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Dot's Foot 2.jpg
    Dot's Foot 2.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Dot's Foot 3.jpg
    Dot's Foot 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Dotty.jpg
    Dotty.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 5
  • Dot's Poop.jpg
    Dot's Poop.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 5
I am getting desperate to find something to help her. She isn't really eating much and I'm not sure she's drinking either. She looks pale and her tail droops badly. I am attaching some pics of her foot and vent and general appearance. Please help if you can. We may be putting her down soon. I don't like to see her suffering.
Is your 8 week old still limping?

Back
Top Bottom