Limping pullet day 2

NinaJoy

Chirping
Dec 18, 2020
I'm keeping my limping pullet separated from the flock in a box in the garage with a space heater, food and water. I think I've read to keep the room dark, is that correct? I didn't so hoping its not correct. If it is, why would the room need to be kept dark?

The only reason to darken a room for a sick chicken is if that chicken is a hen with a reproductive issue made worse if she continues to lay eggs. Darkness slows down ovulation.

Do you need advice on your pullet? If so, you need to provide background information and photos and a detailed description of the lameness.

The only reason to darken a room for a sick chicken is if that chicken is a hen with a reproductive issue made worse if she continues to lay eggs. Darkness slows down ovulation.

Do you need advice on your pullet? If so, you need to provide background information and photos and a detailed description of the lameness.
Thank you!
She just started limping the other day so I'm freaking a little. Our very first flock ever was the one before this new one. I bought local from a woman on Facebook. I'm pretty sure that flock had Mareks. So this next flock I bought from Wilco because they're vaccinated.

Given our past, I'm just worried and not sure what to do. She just started limping 2 days ago but she's standing and moving about and eating and drinking. I don't see any injury to the leg and hope I'm just being paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom