Limping

GMoose

Songster
Nov 23, 2021
Pa
My gosling who is about 10 weeks just started limping! But then, she stopped limping… I’ve seen it twice today just for a few seconds, then back to normal. Any ideas?

One of my geese has been plagued with sporadic limping this year. At first, I failed to see the teeniest, tiniest cut in the bottom of her foot; an avian vet spotted it.

Later, after a pricey vet visit and a round of meds, she started limping again, and I cringed. The next day, she was fine. I'm convinced she just stepped on something or landed wrong on her foot.

Hope you baby is okay!

You just got some great advice from 2 supportive people who have helped me in the past. Your goose is still growing at 10 weeks and getting growth spurts at the same time. You may not see them but her body tells her. If its a hourly thing its completely normal If its a event that lasts more than a day take a better look. But ever had a leg cramp when you were a kid? Its mostly my girls that go through this its because they are also developing there reproduction organs while there growing. extra b will help.. Most geese are over a year when there body is done growing. Mine are 2 years when they hit weight and development

Back
Top Bottom