Lincoln Logs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gavinandallison, Dec 3, 2011.

1. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    So we purchased a set of Lincoln Logs as a Christmas present, it is so sad to see even these are now made in The United States of China.....

Thans Walmart...

2. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

How is that the fault of WalMart? Lincoln Logs[​IMG] are distributed by K'NEX L.P. The fact that WalMart sells them does not mean that WalMart, who doesn't manufacture anything has anything to do with where they are made.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Walmart does manufacture things an has a reputation for dictating price an manufacturing location of things they sell that others manufacture. Dont know if this is true of Lincoln logs though.

4. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I was always perplexed, as a kid, because there wasn't a proper roofing system, or else, I just didn't know how to work the logs. I could always build the walls, but the roof just didn't happen.

5. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I had no problem with the roof, you just had to put them at a slant. [​IMG]

6. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:I used to get the roof pretty good. Made little houses at my grandparents house

7. dfr1973

dfr1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2011
    rural central FL
    Quote:Didn't your set have the triangular roof supports and the green flat pieces to make the roof? I can't remember how young I was when my parents bought me my large set of Lincoln Logs, but I do recall Dad sitting on the floor helping me to build several "Ponderosa-style" cabins that were practically mansions for my dolls. Mom used to tell him those were supposed to be my toys [​IMG] along with all the Legos.

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I wanted Lincoln Logs so bad as a kid, my dad said they were too basic. I did have tinker toys and I bought my own legos, back when you could by a big box from the sears catalog and it was just a box of parts, you decided what they made.

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:I'm kind of surprised. My whole family would have those things spread from one end of the living room to the other and we could build some awesome things including the roofing systems.

Can I do that with a coop? Nope.

10. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:Didn't your set have the triangular roof supports and the green flat pieces to make the roof? I can't remember how young I was when my parents bought me my large set of Lincoln Logs, but I do recall Dad sitting on the floor helping me to build several "Ponderosa-style" cabins that were practically mansions for my dolls. Mom used to tell him those were supposed to be my toys [​IMG] along with all the Legos.

I remember the green slats but I can't remember any triangles. At 5 years old, I guess I couldn't figure it out, or noone explained it to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by