Linear actuator HELP!

Let's try this...

First, I don't know if the pin outs on the relay match the numbers on your base. I'll get you started using the numbers on your relay. You will need to figure out if the numbers on the base match. You can do that with the continuity setting on a multimeter if you have one.

The positive from your clock goes to 8
The negative from your clock goes to 7
The positive from your battery goes to 6
The negative from your battery goes to 5
You run a short jumper wire from 2 to 3
You run a short jumper wire from 1 to 4
One wire from your actuator goes to 1
One wire from your actuator goes to 2

If it runs opposite of what you want, switch 1 and 2

I have a diagram that includes limit switches in both the up and the down, but it would just confuse you.

Let me know how it goes.
I also doctored up this photo if that helps explain things to me a bit. What do I do with the #2 and #1 wires on the clock?
batt.jpg

3 and 4 on your clock go to the 12 v battery.

1 and 2 on your clock go to 7 and 8 on your relay. (this assumes that the pins on the relay match the numbers on your relay base)

The rest should wire up as in my previous post. Any insulated wire will work. Color is not important.

1 and 2 on your clock go to 7 and 8 on your relay. (this assumes that the pins on the relay match the numbers on your relay base)

The rest should wire up as in my previous post. Any insulated wire will work. Color is not important.
Ok, so now I have this, however its not working. Did I do it wrong? lol Im so sorry

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.48.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.48.38 AM.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 11

ok so now I have it like this. Is this correct? I hear a very light click when I push the on off button but nothing happens. when I had it wired before (when it worked in only one direction) the relay would click much louder at the on/off and would also light up.

am I still wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.56.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.56.00 AM.png
    378.6 KB · Views: 11
Do you have a multimeter to check the voltages at your base? I am only assuming the numbers coordinate with the pins on your relay. When you get the click, does the small copper switch inside the relay switch from one side to the other?

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltages at your base? I am only assuming the numbers coordinate with the pins on your relay. When you get the click, does the small copper switch inside the relay switch from one side to the other?
I dont have a multimeter. It doesn't move from side to side. It used to when I first had it wired in the original post.

I just noticed you didn't wire it up as in my original post. It's going to do nothing as you have it. Please check the numbers I gave you previously.
The positive from your clock goes to 8. Which one is positive? There are 3 red wires on my clock so I’m not sure.
The negative from your clock goes to 7
which is negative? I assumed the black wire.
The positive from your battery goes to 6
The negative from your battery goes to 5
You run a short jumper wire from 2 to 3 are these on the clock or relay? I assumed relay.
You run a short jumper wire from 1 to 4 same question as above
One wire from your actuator goes to 1
One wire from your actuator goes to 2

Back
Top Bottom