Linoleum flooring

Well of course i have to cut it to the appropriate size for the floor. So i guess i mean the chickens scratching at the shavings and then getting to the linoleum and lifting it up on the edges by the wall
Ah, yes they will.
The wood trim that @cavemanrich suggested would work good.

I was thinking about bringing it up a little on the walls too so it’s like a pan
That's what I did, see my coop page, tho that should be pinned down with trim too.

Ah, yes they will.
The wood trim that @cavemanrich suggested would work good.

That's what I did, see my coop page, tho that should be pinned down with trim too.
I was thinking about like using spray adhesive but then i went against it because if i need to change it in a couple years it’ll be a pain in the butt to get it up

i thought about that, but then i thought if i need to rip it up for whatever reason it’s going to be a pain in the butt
If you're in a cold climate, gluing it down is the best option. Vinyl flooring that is just laying on the subfloor won't lay perfect flat, and repeated flexing from walking on it will eventually lead to a crack, especially in freezing temperatures.

I was thinking about like using spray adhesive but then i went against it because if i need to change it in a couple years it’ll be a pain in the butt to get it up
That's why i didn't glue mine down, plus I have HC under the vinyl.

If you're in a cold climate, gluing it down is the best option. Vinyl flooring that is just laying on the subfloor won't lay perfect flat, and repeated flexing from walking on it will eventually lead to a crack, especially in freezing temperatures.
If you buy cheap vinyl, maybe.
Mines been in there for 9 years and it's fine, never been perfectly flat but no cracks/breaks.

That's why i didn't glue mine down, plus I have HC under the vinyl.

If you buy cheap vinyl, maybe.
Mines been in there for 9 years and it's fine, never been perfectly flat but no cracks/breaks.
Well of course I used cheap vinyl, as do most people. It's a chicken coop.

Well of course I used cheap vinyl, as do most people. It's a chicken coop.
It's not about where it's going, it's about durability and longevity ;)
I bent over corners until I found one that didn't break.
I also used this on my poop boards, which get scraped with a metal hoe blade every day.
0.085" thk including foam backing:
1638306869459.png

It's not about where it's going, it's about durability and longevity ;)
I bent over corners until I found one that didn't break.
I also used this on my poop boards, which get scraped with a metal hoe blade every day.
0.085" thk including foam backing:
View attachment 2914532
Mine has held up very well for being the cheapest stuff I could find. No cracks, or any issues on floor or poop board. Only been 3 yrs, but I have no doubt it will last many more.

Back
Top Bottom