Liquid Choropyhll or Red Raspberry Leaf in water?

TheHalfWayCoop

Chirping
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Campbellville Ontario
I was just wondering if anyone did, or had heard of, putting either liquid chloropyhll or red raspberry leaf tea in their chickens water? My chickens don't get out into the grass much in the winter, and what is there in the winter is definitely brown, now we just bought liquid chlorophyll for ourselves the other day and I wondered if I could use it for the chooks too. I've also been taking red raspberry leaf tea regularly, as we're expecting our baby in the next couple weeks and it's supposed to help with uterine health, that got me to thinking that our hens basically give birth daily, would this benefit them as well?

I'm not sure but I think red raspberry leaf tea helps mammal uterines (sp?). I would check the list of poisonous plants to chickens and if it's not there let me know if you notice a difference!

Btw it'll definitely help you :) congrats on the baby!!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone did, or had heard of, putting either liquid chloropyhll or red raspberry leaf tea in their chickens water? My chickens don't get out into the grass much in the winter, and what is there in the winter is definitely brown, now we just bought liquid chlorophyll for ourselves the other day and I wondered if I could use it for the chooks too. I've also been taking red raspberry leaf tea regularly, as we're expecting our baby in the next couple weeks and it's supposed to help with uterine health, that got me to thinking that our hens basically give birth daily, would this benefit them as well?
Why would chickens benefit from either liquid Chlorophyll or Red Raspberry Tea? I would think that chicken would get all the Chlorophyll they need from the grass and other plants they eat.

Chris

Why would chickens benefit from either liquid Chlorophyll or Red Raspberry Tea? I would think that chicken would get all the Chlorophyll they need from the grass and other plants they eat.

Chris

As mention in the OP our chickens don't see a lot of green grass or plants in the winer as we have snow, snow, and more snow. No grass. While we do take them store bought salads, etc... I thought adding this to their water might be more efficient. And as mentioned, RRLT is supposed to be excellent for uterine health and strength, and since hens obviously spend a lot of their lives using theirs to lay eggs I wondered if something like this might be helpful for eliminating uterine prolapse and keeping eggs from getting stuck as we know occasionally occurs.

I'm not sure but I think red raspberry leaf tea helps mammal uterines (sp?). I would check the list of poisonous plants to chickens and if it's not there let me know if you notice a difference!
Btw it'll definitely help you
smile.png
congrats on the baby!!!!!

That would make sense! I should have thought chickens being a different species it may not have the same effect! I'll definitely do a poisonous plants check on this. It's funny how when you have chickens and you find something that can benefit you, you automatically wondered what it can do for your chickens
lau.gif

That would make sense! I should have thought chickens being a different species it may not have the same effect! I'll definitely do a poisonous plants check on this. It's funny how when you have chickens and you find something that can benefit you, you automatically wondered what it can do for your chickens
lau.gif
I know! Everything in my life these days revolve around these 6 new babies that came into our lives.... It's a beautiful day!! Let's take the chickens outside!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom