Liquid diet for injured duck?

Thanks everyone. We are hoping she pulls through tonight and then we'll do it first thing tomorrow morning if we can gather the supplies in town. All I can do tonight is pray she makes it!

Even if she is starting to eat a few tube feeding or more depending on how she is doing can really help her right now.
Even if she starts to eat well, having the equipment there for tube feeding is always a good idea.

Well, she is fully eating again and seems to be regaining her energy! The bad news: today we saw maggots in her beak. Vet says to flush with warm water 2x daily. Any other suggestions? Keeping her inside is unfortunately not an option, otherwise we would have avoided this.

Well, she is fully eating again and seems to be regaining her energy! The bad news: today we saw maggots in her beak. Vet says to flush with warm water 2x daily. Any other suggestions? Keeping her inside is unfortunately not an option, otherwise we would have avoided this.
I remember seeing in another post there’s a spray you can get at TSC to keep flys out of wounds. Not sure about treating existing maggots though beyond removing them manually which might be too stressful and painful. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in soon.

Can you post pictures of the beak and maggots and everything? Maggots are not a good sign. I would remove all maggots if possible.

Here is what she is looking like today.
IMG_20230613_092135132_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom