Liquid Poop in 1 week old chick

AppleMomma65

Songster
Mar 16, 2020
Spooner, WI
My Coop
My Coop
12 chicks, 6 days old. All seem healthy: eating, drinking, running around, sleeping - minimal screeching/discontentment/ Coop is clean, warm and free from drafts. Chicks are from a hatchery and are vaccinated for Mareks. Feeding ManaPro Medicated Chick Starter - no other treats. They have choice of plain water and water with electrolytes - they drink both. See today that one chick has some liquid poop - brown in color, a little foamy. What should I be doing to clear this up?

12 chicks, 6 days old. All seem healthy: eating, drinking, running around, sleeping - minimal screeching/discontentment/ Coop is clean, warm and free from drafts. Chicks are from a hatchery and are vaccinated for Mareks. Feeding ManaPro Medicated Chick Starter - no other treats. They have choice of plain water and water with electrolytes - they drink both. See today that one chick has some liquid poop - brown in color, a little foamy. What should I be doing to clear this up?
Here's the brooder set up. For now, it's plenty big - we are in the process of setting up a bigger one to move them in in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200404_131146.jpg
    MVIMG_20200404_131146.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 9
Thanks! Pic was taken just after I plugged in the heat plate so was keeping them warm with the lamp. Chick may have been stressed as we had just transported all up to our place in WI. All is good now.

Back
Top Bottom