List of Silkie Breeders

bacres

Songster
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
East Pennsylvania
I thought I would make a neat list of all of the Silkie breeders here on BYC.
I'm calling all of you other Silkie breeders to join in the fun!
smile.png

I'll start:
I currently raise Silkies in Black, Lavender, and White.

I raise Bearded Buffs.
I am currently trying to get a pen of b/b/s started, all through hatching eggs
I am also NPIP, though still waiting on my certificate and number, over 4 weeks later
roll.png

Anyways, also looking for trades. My bearded buff eggs for some of your bearded buff eggs or blue, black, or splash eggs. You need to be NPIP and I will need a copy of your certificate or number and I will send a copy of my actual pullorum test. Email me at [email protected] or PM me. No hatchery birds please. And parents need to be free from DQ's and I need to see pictures of recent chicks and recent pics of the parents. Thanks.
big_smile.png

Also have some eggs listed on ovabid. Username SundownSilkies. http://www.ovabid.com/detail.asp?id=37611
wink.png

Last edited:
I have White, Blue, Black, Splash, and soon lavender hopefully.

Lines from Bobbi Porto, Sunshine Silkies, Harvest Breed Farms, Cush N Tush. Later on down the line. George M, Hattrick, Alan Stanford and others whom names escape me right now. lol.

My Splash hen finally started laying again I think! Been broody on the floor for months. Trying to break her everyday. And a few days ago I accidently left her out in the run at night. I noticed she was actually up and walking around. Then yesterday there was an egg out in the run.
big_smile.png
If I knew all I had to do was leave her out I would of done it months ago. lol

All I have on my property is split lavender pen-4 black bearded silkie hens and 1 lavender roo

and tons of split running around:) Butt then you already know that Matt:)
wink.png

Quote:
Hahaha
I never would have guessed.
Sonew one of the peeps I got from you at chickenstock never grew and it eventually died while I was away at camp and my parents were taking care of it.

Quote:
Hahaha
I never would have guessed.
Sonew one of the peeps I got from you at chickenstock never grew and it eventually died while I was away at camp and my parents were taking care of it.

nooo
hit.gif
All the ones I have from that hatch are great -very healthy-driving me nuts..Im so sorry matt. Maybe it bonked a good one on its tiny head? Hows the other one??

Wouldn't it be easier just checking the ASBC directory for the list of silkie breeders? They just updated a new one for 2010 and they are all categorized by state. It lists the varieties raised, if they have stock for sale, contact info, etc. Club membership is only $15 per year for adults and they do have discounted family rates. You then have access to their forum, get a quarterly newsletter, and get points/awards for showing. They have an awesome new juniors program. There is another national silkie club, the NSBA, that is invitational only to people that are dedicated breeders and show.
Amy Piehl - MN State Rep for the American Silkie Bantam Club & National Silkie Breeders Association

Back
Top Bottom