Anyone know where to get good quality Speckled Sussex?

Crazy_Book_Lady

Chirping
Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone! I posted here before about where to get chicks that retained their dual-purpose, foraging, and broodiness abilities from breeders, rather than hatcheries, and didn't get many replies. I'm trying again with the Speckled Sussex specifically, as I would really love to start a self-sustaining flock with them. Does anyone here know of reputable Speckled Sussex breeders? I emailed many of the breeders listed in the breeder directory of the American Sussex Association but none of them who replied could help me. I am also very interested in the Dominiques, and would appreciate people chiming in with breeders of them as well.

Thanks in advance!

I was planning to order some chicks from Cackle's actually, but I wanted to get some Speckled Sussex and/or Dominiques from breeders because the big hatcheries usually breed specifically for highest egg production and are not as good dual-purpose birds. It's also important to me that my self-sustainable flock maintains the original characteristics of the heritage breed, which the big hatcheries aren't known for. Thanks anyway for the recommendation!

Back
Top Bottom