Little Blues?

Cock-L-Doodle Garoo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
Texas Hill Country
I bought this pair a couple of months ago at a bird sale. The guy said they were "Little Blues". Some kind of Lemon Blue deveant I guess. They have a very small body with extremely long legs for their size. I just thought they were too cool and had to have them. Has anybody heard of these before? Is this a common breed? I made them their own pen and they have been doing good. In fact the hen just hatched-out this morning.
33782_dsc00517_c.jpg
33782_dsc00793_c.jpg

They're Lemon Blue Modern Game Bantams. Lemon Blue is a colour variety not a breed. In this case the breed is Modern Game Bantam & Lemon Blue the colour.

Last edited:
Quote:
That is a pic is of and Old English Game Bantam not a Modern Game Bantam. And he is not lemon blue.

What he said.
In the first place for him to be a Lemon Blue he'd need to be blue [gray if you will].
In the second place the defining breed characteristic for Modern Games is the long legs.
The bird in your second picture is an Old English Game Bantam. Colour is either a Brown Red with too bright a hackle or Black Breasted Red with too dark a saddle.

Last edited:
Quote:
That is a pic is of and Old English Game Bantam not a Modern Game Bantam. And he is not lemon blue.

What he said.
In the first place for him to be a Lemon Blue he'd need to be blue [gray if you will].
In the second place the defining breed characteristic for Modern Games is the long legs.
The bird in your second picture is an Old English Game Bantam. Colour is either a Brown Red with too bright a hackle or Black Breasted Red with too dark a saddle.

Yep, I think maybe a brown red, I think I see breast lacing.

Back
Top Bottom