Little Cottage Company Atlanta Chicken Coop--do you like it?

wee.gif
love.gif
ya.gif

We bought this kit over the summer- LOVE IT!!!!!!! We have the 10x10 one. Just finished painting it finally. We still have to do some interior work as far as perches/ poop boards. Great quality and easy to assemble. We did have 1 problem though, they put the wrong size temporary roof supports in- my husband was able to cut them down and then they worked fine. My only complaints- the material that they use to make the temporary roof supports molds REALLY QUICKLY. You need to paint it asap before any humidity gets to it, it will mold.

We sprayed the inside white with a paint sprayer and it worked great (after applying kilz to the moldy supports). Also- change out the hook and eye closer on the pop door to a more secure one, a raccoon could get in their. Don't forget to cover windows with hardware cloth BEFORE applying the trim. We also added a ridge vent to the roof before we shingled- you will need more ventilation than this coop provides so you might want to consider one. You can not see it at all and does not take away from the round roof (I worried about that). Ours is up against a fence so the inside is really dark- we are working on running electricity. For now we are using an extension cord for their light. Still plenty of work to be done, lol.

Hang on, I am uploading some pics of ours

Trish

Ok- here we go, lots of pics. I just took another pic in the dark so you can see where we are (still lots to be done)

106407_nov2011_100.jpg

106407_nov2011_102.jpg

106407_nov2011_103.jpg

106407_nov2011_121.jpg

106407_nov2011_120.jpg

106407_nov2011_117.jpg

106407_nov2011_129.jpg

106407_nov2011_136.jpg

106407_round_coop_008.jpg

We picked the round roof to compliment another coop that my husband built (thanks to plans from a member on BYC!)

106407_round_coop_012.jpg

this coop still needs a little work also but we needed another coop quickly thanks to chicken math!

Hope these pics help you
smile.png
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Last edited:
I am interested in starting to keep chickens. I am not very handy and I work full time so I want a pre-made coop and ran into this one on the internet. It is reasonable and looks pretty good, but I was hoping that someone had used it and could give me a review. Thanks!/img/smilies/smile.png
any update on the Atlanta coop ? They look perfect for breeding trios would like to have a few for that porpoise

wee.gif
love.gif
ya.gif

We bought this kit over the summer- LOVE IT!!!!!!! We have the 10x10 one. Just finished painting it finally. We still have to do some interior work as far as perches/ poop boards. Great quality and easy to assemble. We did have 1 problem though, they put the wrong size temporary roof supports in- my husband was able to cut them down and then they worked fine. My only complaints- the material that they use to make the temporary roof supports molds REALLY QUICKLY. You need to paint it asap before any humidity gets to it, it will mold.

We sprayed the inside white with a paint sprayer and it worked great (after applying kilz to the moldy supports). Also- change out the hook and eye closer on the pop door to a more secure one, a raccoon could get in their. Don't forget to cover windows with hardware cloth BEFORE applying the trim. We also added a ridge vent to the roof before we shingled- you will need more ventilation than this coop provides so you might want to consider one. You can not see it at all and does not take away from the round roof (I worried about that). Ours is up against a fence so the inside is really dark- we are working on running electricity. For now we are using an extension cord for their light. Still plenty of work to be done, lol.

Hang on, I am uploading some pics of ours

Trish

Ok- here we go, lots of pics. I just took another pic in the dark so you can see where we are (still lots to be done)

106407_nov2011_100.jpg

106407_nov2011_102.jpg

106407_nov2011_103.jpg

106407_nov2011_121.jpg

106407_nov2011_120.jpg

106407_nov2011_117.jpg

106407_nov2011_129.jpg

106407_nov2011_136.jpg

106407_round_coop_008.jpg

We picked the round roof to compliment another coop that my husband built (thanks to plans from a member on BYC!)

106407_round_coop_012.jpg

this coop still needs a little work also but we needed another coop quickly thanks to chicken math!

Hope these pics help you
smile.png
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
I know this is an old post, but I have to say that I am beyond head over heels in love with your coop!!! I also loved your post about the "graphic" (ha ha) poop boards!!! I was hoping you could give us all an update on your coop? Has it held up over the years? Did you add anymore ventilation? Do you think you could post a few pics of the ventilation you added as well as anything "new and exciting" with your AMAZING coop???!!!!! I am going to start saving my pennies and order this ASAP. It's gone up in price over the years (as to be expected), but it looks like it's still worth every penny
love.gif
. I'm in one of those "shut up and take my money" moments .... but patience is a virtue! I have a small coop and small flock ... but my wish list (breeds and quantities) is growing at a very rapid pace and this coop would be the "dream" coop!!! Thank you!!!!!! Rebecca

In response to the original poster, I got the little cottage company Atlanta chicken coop about three years ago now. Been housing two pullets Has worked well.

Arrived on a pallet. Easy to put together. Went to a local hardware store and got some mistint paint. it is not painted out of the box.

Wrapped hardwarecloth around it and added fish eye hooks then used TSA locks for added protection. Also added solar rope light on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom