1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little Gem Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by herbsherbsflowers, Jul 30, 2011.

1. herbsherbsflowers

herbsherbsflowers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    Does anyone know if Little Gem is still in operation? I went to their website and it is not working.

2. herbsherbsflowers

herbsherbsflowers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    Still no one with any info on this?

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Their website expired August 2010. It sounds like a good business there because a few of our BYCers were happy with them. Bargain has some of their stock.

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I know they were having trouble last year with a few breeds not doing well. They got behind in a few orders because they lost quite a few birds. Not sure if it was heat or what but they had talked about having to shut down. They had bought some stock from me 2 years ago and were doing great at that time but this is a hard business and I am not sure if they are still trying to keep it going.

5. elsapo

elsapo New Egg

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi all,
    I just joined BackYardChickens and saw this question. Little Gem is alive and well and still in business. I think that they are very busy with their chickens/geese/ducks, and it is hard to find time to do web work. The person they had working on their website is busy and hasn't been able to help recently. I can give you their email address if you contact me. They are great people and I love visiting their hatchery. I went their today and come home with some lovely Russian Orloffs!
    Thank you,
    English

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by