Little Giant 10200 circulated air incubator w/6300 auto turner. Cannot incubate turkey eggs using th

mrgreenjeans53

Songster
7 Years
Mar 12, 2012
Maurertown, Va. (Shenandoah Valley)
Could not use the auto turner for turkey or duck eggs because the tops of the eggs would hit the heating element. So, I made an extention ring out of styrofoam to make the top of the incubator (which the heating element is attached to) sit 3 inches higher. So far it is holding a steady heat at 99 degrees, which is the temp recomended for turkey eggs. I guess I will find out if my little extention ring invention was a good idea in 28 days. Has anyone else on here ever thought about doing this?

Could not use the auto turner for turkey or duck eggs because the tops of the eggs would hit the heating element. So, I made an extention ring out of styrofoam to make the top of the incubator (which the heating element is attached to) sit 3 inches higher. So far it is holding a steady heat at 99 degrees, which is the temp recomended for turkey eggs. I guess I will find out if my little extention ring invention was a good idea in 28 days. Has anyone else on here ever thought about doing this?

several of us have extended our little giants by 6 inches for hatching out emu eggs.. there is a link in my signature with pics of a modified LG

Back
Top Bottom