little giant 9300 problems . .

I returned a 9300 to TSC today. Purchased a few days ago and was getting temp fluxes. I ordered the fan unit and while it got a lot better, I still had temps all over the place. Returned the fan unit as well.

9300 ~$44
Egg Turned ~$40
Fan unit ~$45

Returned for the ~$130 refund and ordered the Brinsea mini advanced for around ~$175.
I'm a casual hatcher and don't really need anything more than the small egg capacity - hoping Brinsea reviews hold up to quality for the pricey little incubator..

Last edited:
The LG might hold more eggs, but that doesn't mean much if they don't hatch! In my opinion, if you can reliably hatch 7 or 8 eggs in a small 'bator, thats better than hatching out 7 or 8 chicks and loosing the other 30-something.

If I could return mine, I would in a heartbeat. But, I kept it too long thinking there was some trick I'd figure out to get decent hatches. Not so and very disappointing (because I am a fan of the older 9200). :barnie

But anyway, I put 42 eggs in the 9300 a week or so ago. Candled them yesterday and had 7 quitters and a lot that look like they never started (left them for now). I have 2 glass thermometers reading temps at the middle of the eggs. The therm closest to the heater is reading 100. The one farthest from the heater is reading 95. They should have never made this model as a still air. Its junk! I'm going to install a computer fan before my next hatch and :fl that it helps even things out :/

Back
Top Bottom