little giant 9300

bamadude

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 26, 2014
skipperville
I recently bought a little giant 9300 still air. After 2 days of hand turning, i went and bought the auto egg turner. I also bought an accurite digital thermometer with hydrometer and a brinsea spot check thermometer. The digital temp setting from the factory was 99.5. It was off by about 4 degrees. I took both red plugs out and did not add any water at all. In order to achieve my 100-100.5 target temp; my digital temp setting on the bator was 103.5. The temp at the top of the eggs was 102. Temp at bottom of eggs was 100. I pretty much left it alone for 18 days. I tried candling but didnt really know what to look for so

Day 18. I took out the egg turner. Filled up the water channels and cut up 3 sponges to absorb some water and help raise humidity. Humidity guage on the bator is now reading 65%.

I recently bought a little giant 9300 still air. After 2 days of hand turning, i went and bought the auto egg turner. I also bought an accurite digital thermometer with hydrometer and a brinsea spot check thermometer. The digital temp setting from the factory was 99.5. It was off by about 4 degrees. I took both red plugs out and did not add any water at all. In order to achieve my 100-100.5 target temp; my digital temp setting on the bator was 103.5. The temp at the top of the eggs was 102. Temp at bottom of eggs was 100. I pretty much left it alone for 18 days. I tried candling but didnt really know what to look for so
What day is it now? Without adding water, what is your humidity? I use an older version of the same incubator, and I added a small computer fan and that keeps the temps uniform. I'll try to post some pics of egg candling, I have some eggs that are going into lock-down today. This is the fan that I added, and this is the best thermometer/hygrometer that I have used, and I have used a lot.

Stand by for pics...
pop.gif

Day 20. My humidity stayed between 40 and 45% up until i added sponges and water on day 18.. I tried to order a fan off ebay for the lg 9200 but had to ship it back. The 9300 has digital controls and a really small heater. I do think it could benefit from a small fan tho. This is my first try at incubation

Back
Top Bottom