Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Thanks, Im using just the hygrometer thats with the incubator. Is it normally very reliable? Or would it be wise to try and find a second one as well? I have no idea where to look to even find one.

What kind of incubator? Most are not very reliable. And a second one is always nice to have anyway. You can get decent, but inexpensive ones at Walmart, TSC, Lowes, etc. They have combo hygrometer/thermometers too. Look up "hygrometer salt test" and do the test on it. Thermometers need tested for accuracy also.

I put 12 eggs in... 3 didn't make it... and 7 are out running around the brooder doing great.... The last two are in the bator with good sized pips!

I hope to get everyone out by tomorrow because my Serama eggs were Supposed to go in lockdown today!

Michele

Edit... to add that the last two hatched and are doing well.... so that makes 9 out of 12 that were set!!! So Happy!!

That is wonderful. Good job.[/QUOTE]

Awesome congrats!

I have the LG 9300. I will definitely be trying the salt test, I wish I had seen that while I was doing all my incubation research. Guess I was more focused on looking up chick development and whatnot, lol. I will probably go ahead and get a second thermometer and hygrometer as well and try to be more prepared for my next batch. Thank you guys!

I put 12 eggs in... 3 didn't make it... and 7 are out running around the brooder doing great.... The last two are in the bator with good sized pips!

I hope to get everyone out by tomorrow because my Serama eggs were Supposed to go in lockdown today!

Michele

Edit... to add that the last two hatched and are doing well.... so that makes 9 out of 12 that were set!!! So Happy!!

That is wonderful. Good job.[/quote]
That's great. Congratulations:)

Sitting at work and get a phone call from my mom saying she went by my house and that I have a baby chick in my incubator!!! Now I'm all anxious to hurry up and get off and get home to see it!
wee.gif
The waiting is killing me!

Back
Top Bottom