Little Giant Styrofoam Experiment

Added another Govee up on top of the turner tray.
I know have 7 thermometers and 3 humidity gauges in my Bator. 🧐🙄😩
PXL_20230328_224344350.MP.jpg

I like to see people doing testing and stuff like you are doing.

About 2 years ago I had 2 LGs going. I took a plastic egg and put a water balloon in it along with a temp sensor. I printed out a grid. I placed the egg in a different location each day and charted the temp. I also took about 5 different thermometers and humidity sensors and placed them around. I did this for about 2 months. I noticed the LGs could be up to like 3 degrees plus different in different locations. So I replaced the factory fan with a speed controlled fan and also installed a couple other fans on the lid to make the air spin around in a circle. Once I did that I was able to keep the temp with-in 1.2 degrees or less in every square inch. Humidity did good too. The 4 corners was off the most.

Before the fans and tests, I was getting about a 80% hatch rate and up to 48 hours difference between hatching. After the fans, I bumped the hatch rate up to about 95% plus and they all hatched in like a 12 hour window together.

I like to see people doing testing and stuff like you are doing.

About 2 years ago I had 2 LGs going. I took a plastic egg and put a water balloon in it along with a temp sensor. I printed out a grid. I placed the egg in a different location each day and charted the temp. I also took about 5 different thermometers and humidity sensors and placed them around. I did this for about 2 months. I noticed the LGs could be up to like 3 degrees plus different in different locations. So I replaced the factory fan with a speed controlled fan and also installed a couple other fans on the lid to make the air spin around in a circle. Once I did that I was able to keep the temp with-in 1.2 degrees or less in every square inch. Humidity did good too. The 4 corners was off the most.

Before the fans and tests, I was getting about a 80% hatch rate and up to 48 hours difference between hatching. After the fans, I bumped the hatch rate up to about 95% plus and they all hatched in like a 12 hour window together.
My LG does not have a fan.
I usually have really good hatches including a few perfect ones.

My little giant was so good, I could put them in and the incubator did the rest. (I had a turner and a fan.)

The digital readings don't do as well as the dial kind.
No digital here and no fan.
I do have a turner.

Back
Top Bottom