Little goose coop

PurpleWiggleButt

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
Jellico, TN
I know this is the WORST time to build ANYTHING with wood!!!

So I was looking at sheds and they're stupid expensive over $500 but I can get a new 8x10 that I think would be a good size for 3 Emden geese. Draw back... they're made of metal (I would definitely put in more ventilation) but will I still cook my goose? Or deep freeze them in the winter?

Or will a 5x5 chain link dog kennel covered with tarps until I can collect wood to enclose it be better?

If they are only using it at night, or for nesting that's big enough. You may have to clean it more often. Bigger is always better. It all depends on your climate and what it will be used for. 3 geese can comfortably sleep in a 5x5 pen, but they can't stay in it long term. So if you intend to keep them confined at various times than I would get something bigger.

I know this is the WORST time to build ANYTHING with wood!!!

So I was looking at sheds and they're stupid expensive over $500 but I can get a new 8x10 that I think would be a good size for 3 Emden geese. Draw back... they're made of metal (I would definitely put in more ventilation) but will I still cook my goose? Or deep freeze them in the winter?

Or will a 5x5 chain link dog kennel covered with tarps until I can collect wood to enclose it be better?
Gotta luv someone who's a pathological punster!

I know nothing about geese, but you can probably find better information in the goose section of the forums: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/geese.47/

In my area, which has HOT summers and mild winters, if I had a metal shed to convert to a coop I'd replace the doors with wire and add a vent on the opposite side up near the roof and more vents at the top of the side walls.

Back
Top Bottom