Little help with sex and breed please

scooby074

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 24, 2013
Hello chicken experts!

Yet another "What sex/breed are these chickens" thread. (Sorry)

My daughter got them from school as hatchlings, no idea about their history at all, so Im all ears! Any info is good info. Im pretty new to this, but I will say the chicks are like family now.. So much for them as livestock lol. Chicks are about 4wks old I think.

So here we go.

Brownie:
IMG_1168_zps16bd1fa9.jpg

IMG_1166_zps4c54e68c.jpg

Pancake:
IMG_1165_zps53fd9515.jpg

IMG_1164_zps678cd70a.jpg

Willow:
IMG_1161_zps681f80d9.jpg

IMG_1163_zps7989e7e5.jpg

We think that Pancake and Brownie are girls and Willow is a boy. Pancake is the smallest, and was smallest since the start, however she has really grown in the last week and a half. Willow is the largest and Brownie is about 90% the size of Willow.

Any advise appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I reduced their size. Links in first post go to full size pics. Lets see if this works.

IMG_1168_zpsb6e2ab30.jpg

Edit: didnt work. Hmmm

Last edited:
Sounds like you're right
smile.png
Breed wise, Brownie may be an Easter Egger (and pullet). Pancake could be an Easter Egger or something else as she has a single comb... Willow looks like a Blue Polish cockerel.

Thanks.

So just to clarify you think Willow is the boy, Brownie and pancake are both girls.

When you say "easter eggers" from what I understand they are "mixed breeds" that lay colourful eggs? Is that correct?

We adults love Willow. He's a very pretty bird.We'd love to find another like him, but in a hen. If he's a polish, he's going to have some pretty funky hair when he grows up
wink.png
I guess we'll have to call him Will now.
smile.png

The kids love Pancake. Poor Brownie is in the middle. Nobody really goes for her. I think its because she's a "pooper". She's gotten all of us at least once
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom