Little raptor owner here.

NikoruWiriamu

In the Brooder
May 25, 2024
Just thought I'd introduce myself, so here we go:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've had my older hens & roos for a year and a half now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Oh, chicken math. Let's see, currently 3 roos (2 brothers & 1 bachelor), about 8 or 9 adult hens, and 14 new chicks!

(3) What breeds do you have?

Ayam Cemani, Gold & Lavender Orpingtons, and mixes of them all (with one mix of ACxGLW)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I suppose being able to have eggs, and hatching out babies. Who doesn't love babies?! Plus, their cute lil clicks when you rub their ears, combs, and wattles.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

A ton. Crafting, gaming, animals, plants, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Our family is small, just myself, hubby, and our almost 3yr old. We have 1 pup (Corgi), 4 cats with 2 new kittens incoming (a rescue white kitten & a white Maine Coon), and our chickens,

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I'm in the FB group, but I was searching for mixes, and someone here was asking what a mix would look like, and I have one, so I wanted to share. ❤️

Happy to be here!

Just thought I'd introduce myself, so here we go:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've had my older hens & roos for a year and a half now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Oh, chicken math. Let's see, currently 3 roos (2 brothers & 1 bachelor), about 8 or 9 adult hens, and 14 new chicks!

(3) What breeds do you have?

Ayam Cemani, Gold & Lavender Orpingtons, and mixes of them all (with one mix of ACxGLW)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I suppose being able to have eggs, and hatching out babies. Who doesn't love babies?! Plus, their cute lil clicks when you rub their ears, combs, and wattles.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

A ton. Crafting, gaming, animals, plants, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Our family is small, just myself, hubby, and our almost 3yr old. We have 1 pup (Corgi), 4 cats with 2 new kittens incoming (a rescue white kitten & a white Maine Coon), and our chickens,

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I'm in the FB group, but I was searching for mixes, and someone here was asking what a mix would look like, and I have one, so I wanted to share. ❤️

Happy to be here!
Welcome. I believe you will enjoy and find this group a lot more helpful.

Back
Top Bottom