Live bird price

rhodeislandred18

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 30, 2009
What do hall charge for your live birds? Trying to get the average running price so I can set mine haha just list age and price and species, thanks!

The guy I bought mine from I think charged $2 for the tiny chicks and $3 for the ones that were old enough to be sexed. Those were for the regular brown coturnix. He charged a bit more for the white ones. I am not sure how much he charged for the ones that were ready to be eaten.

The market in your area will decide for you more or less. I live in an extremely expensive area that happens to have a decent demand for back yard coturnix. My chicks are between $3.50-5/ each depending on quantity purchased. Adults hens are $7.50-10 depending on quantity. Two hours away from me, around Sacramento, chicks never go for more than $2.50 and adults rarely more than $5.

as mentioned market drives the price
I get $4 for adults
I live in a area where people sell them for $2.50-$3
people tell me this all the time.... and I tell them
I produce nice birds and put a bunch of my time into them
thats great that they can sell at that price but I cant
some people appreciate quality some people dont

I know a guy who sells coturnix for $2 each at a local swap
by the end of the day they are $1, however his birds are stacked 3-4 deep in cages
probably 40 birds in a 2x2 cage
I wouldnt touch one of those birds with a ten foot pole

our local grocery store sells quail $6 for a pack of 4
roll.png

What do hall charge for your live birds? Trying to get the average running price so I can set mine haha just list age and price and species, thanks!

What species do you have? Based on most of the comments so far, they are assuming you are refering to coturnix.

I sell adult coturnix for 2$ each(3000 lebanese pounds). Pet shops sell them for ~2.65 (4000 lbp).
chicks are around 1$

Back
Top Bottom