Live trap not holding critters

dixygirl

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Help. I have a live trap set and it snapped shut twice but I always found it empty!

Am I doing something wrong or is the trap likely to be defective. There is nothing to hold the back door shut except an L shaped pin on a chain.

Please tell me how to rig it so the back part stays shut.
Thanks

PS I am thinking i may just need to get some heavy duty wire and tie the back door shut.

Last edited:
What are u trying to trap??? Sounds like u got a raccoon that's smart enough to trip the trap without getting caught....

I want to trap everything i can.
Edit to add That may not sound right but it is big enough to hold the foxes, the racoons and possusms can also go if possible.
lol.png

Do you think that getting caught will scare them and they will go away anyhow?

Last edited:
I lost one coon once to the trap opening. THe trap had been rolled by the animal and that allowed the catch to slip. I solved the problem by putting the trap on a board platform and then using a heavy rubber tie down strap to hold the trap on the platform. No matter how much they toss they can not roll the trap now. Have not lost a catch since.

Tie down goes on top of the cage but make sure it does not interfere with chain or cable and the handle slide.

Quote:
Wishful thinking. Animals can be quite determined. It may however, scare them enough not to go back into the trap. Which is probably worse..

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom