Liver Disease Help

Also, lots of veggies, while better than all that fatty stuff, still will change the nutritional profile of their total dietary intake. What is their base diet? Especially if it's a typical 16% protein layer feed, there's not any room to make things better by adding goodies! Some birds will eat way too much of the extras, and not get enough base diet, so can be deficient in various nutrients. Especially if the bags of food are older, by mill date.
Hope your hen can improve!
Mary

Hey There,
I just posted about my success treating my hen with what I could best figure out is liver disease. My hen was near death - not walking, labored breathing, fluid, not digesting, lethargy, and I treated her for 3 weeks with Milk thistle drops in the morning, wet food mash with flax seed meal and genistein soy complex, and Homepet Liver rescue drops at night. With liver-friendly veggies and fruit, such as spinach, cucumbers, and strawberries. Miraculously, she's recovered and joined her flock. Liver disease is an ongoing management issue, so I'll be keeping an eye out on her from now on. Hope you're seeing good results with the milk thistle. I did half a dropper of Nature's Answer Milk Thistle seed fluid.

Back
Top Bottom