Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
As I'm trying to learn more about genetics for the silkies, I'm listing the color and genotype, if I am wrong PLEASE let me know!

Purebred silkies:
Mixed pen of colors, Chocolate pullet, a partridge, and a splash with no splashes; cockerels are various blue, black, diluted partridge, silkie, satin, and frizzle (it was not supposed to be like this, but here we are...)
1 dozen where laid in very cold weather, we will find a group name for them and please everyone cheer for these eggies! If they start developing I will add them individually to the list below to be named and specially cheered 🥰

Chocolate pullet (choc-)
1 Duchess @Obsessed With Silkies

Partridge or "splash" eggs
1 Apex @CoopBoots
2 Layla @Debbie292d

Blue / splash Blbl / blbl (shipped)
1 Larry @Debbie292d

Black BlBl (shipped)
1 Valentina @Galaxy_rules

Paint E/E, Ml/Ml, I/i+ (shipped)

Chocolate choc choc, choc- for females (shipped)
1 Grace @TwoCrows

Large Fowl:
Light Brahma (shipped)
1 @Antiocheggers

Swedish Flower Hen (pick up)
1 Lacey @Obsessed With Silkies
2 Hope @GirlsHuntToo

Ermine Ameraucana (pick up)
1 Zen @TwoCrows
2 Xena/Zeus @GreenJay

Chonkers Test
1 Godzilla Kong @ElfenLied89

EExBA
1 Charlotte/ Charlie @GreenJay

Bantam:
Golden Necked D'uccle (pick up)
1 Elpida @fluffycrow
2 Cherry @Nero70002

Lavender Ameraucana (pick up)
1 Zenith @CoopBoots
2 Blueberry @Nero70002

"Random Bantams"

Update: this will be all the eggs unless there is room and I can sneak a few more from Fizz Bang or Chonkers in there 🥰 once I check for development the first weekend of February I'll add any of the eggs laid during our cold snap to the list.
How about The Edge hatch. Like the song.

Atropos is a pullet (if I am not wrong?) So I will have to borrow a silkie male. Maybe Chonkers would like her? I am obsessed with his size and floof. Not that your other babies aren't gorgeous too!
Sure! Come on by and pick him up! You'll need to return him, but I'll throw in a few other cockerels you can keep 😃

Last edited:
Atropos is a pullet (if I am not wrong?) So I will have to borrow a silkie male. Maybe Chonkers would like her? I am obsessed with his size and floof. Not that your other babies aren't gorgeous too!
Ooh, you can borrow Chonkers, but I'll send Norman along too, you can keep him. He's a doll, he makes these noises that sound just like a penguin 🤣 he's a super floofy black silkie boy, he does have one ffoot ith 4 toes and 1 with 5 toes, but crossed with a 5 and 5 pullet the chicks will more than likely all be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom