Living off Social Security

518mfLzlz3L.jpg

I am only me.... no family... Eggs poultry the occasional snake or Jack rabbit... Beans and rice and what ever I can grow either in a raised bed or Aquaponically... And of course Tilapia Its warm enough to grow them to maturity most of the year.

You might be able to grow tilapia all year if you set up a large fish tank inside your house, and transfer them there when it starts getting too cold. Place the tank on your mass rocket heater, and maybe some supplemental heat via electric tank heater, and you might be good to go. I've seen very large tilapia in tanks in Asian food stores.

You might be able to grow tilapia all year if you set up a large fish tank inside your house, and transfer them there when it starts getting too cold. Place the tank on your mass rocket heater, and maybe some supplemental heat via electric tank heater, and you might be good to go. I've seen very large tilapia in tanks in Asian food stores.
I have a 110 gallon Aquarium that I will keep a breeding pair in... With a tank heater or maybe two I was planning on at least keeping those in the house.

I could keep a tote of water in the laundry room.... Its on grade... two hundred fifty gallons of water weighs 2085 pounds. one ton on a house with an iffy crawl space... cant do it. But I could actually heat one tote.... if I had fry in it...

deb

I could keep a tote of water in the laundry room.... Its on grade... two hundred fifty gallons of water weighs 2085 pounds. one ton on a house with an iffy crawl space... cant do it. But I could actually heat one tote.... if I had fry in it...

Just because it's 250 gals doesn't mean that you have to put that much water in it. And you could block up the floor joists beneath the tank to support greater than normal weight.

Just because it's 250 gals doesn't mean that you have to put that much water in it. And you could block up the floor joists beneath the tank to support greater than normal weight.
Id have to be able to get under the house... I am not being negative here but I am not in the best of shape...

sigh.

deb

Back
Top Bottom