liz

bornfree

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2015
Rhode Island
Hey every one im Liz new and have mo idea what im doing ...just wanted to ask a few quesions about my duck's I was told they were pekin ducks all white yet they turned out to be mixed with muscovy 1 of them is huge and hisses the other 2 are 2 times smaller than this one and quack once in a while or when being chased. They are pets they were raised with my 13 year old american eskimo dog..they are out all day and come in at night especially now that its cold they have their own coop but I feel bad leaving them outside all night ...can some one tell me if they kow how to tell which is male and which is female please.I was raised on a farm and have been around geese, duck's, chickens, etc but even though I believe the huge o e is male im confused because we ever had muscovy ducks and the hissing makes me think its part geese pkus its always trying to breed with the other 2 but im s ared hes gonna hurt them cz they are so small 1 of them is terrified of him and is always a loner in the pen , always hiding or running off when he tries to grab it
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hey every one im Liz new and have mo idea what im doing ...just wanted to ask a few quesions about my duck's I was told they were pekin ducks all white yet they turned out to be mixed with muscovy 1 of them is huge and hisses the other 2 are 2 times smaller than this one and quack once in a while or when being chased. They are pets they were raised with my 13 year old american eskimo dog..they are out all day and come in at night especially now that its cold they have their own coop but I feel bad leaving them outside all night ...can some one tell me if they kow how to tell which is male and which is female please.I was raised on a farm and have been around geese, duck's, chickens, etc but even though I believe the huge o e is male im confused because we ever had muscovy ducks and the hissing makes me think its part geese pkus its always trying to breed with the other 2 but im s ared hes gonna hurt them cz they are so small 1 of them is terrified of him and is always a loner in the pen , always hiding or running off when he tries to grab it
[/URL]
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock. I have some experience with ducks. All I can see is 3 ducklings. One is white and the others are a yellow.

Last edited:
I don't see any huge duckling but, if he is causes so much trouble, you could separate him from the others or rehome him. You may also want to post on the "Duck thread," so experienced duck folk can answer your questions.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry my knowledge of ducks could be written on the back of a postage stamp, but the duck peeps will be able to help you out I'm sure.

Ct

Hi Liz,
welcome-byc.gif

I'm just in the process of learning about ducks so all I know to tell you is that the males often have a curl at the end of their tail feathers and they don't usually quack like the females. Checking with the experts on the duck forum is the way to go. Here's a link to get you there:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom