Lizard in the nesting box! HELP!

jannakaye

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Mississippi
My pullet, Rowan, was in the nesting box (I'm not sure what she does in there because she hasn't started laying... Checking out her nest options maybe?) when she suddenly started freaking out and half ran half flew out of the coop, ran over the rooster, and flew into a tree. I, of corse, went and checked only to find a slimy lizard/skink/whatever in the nesting box! Apparently, Rowan isn't the only one scared of them. Needless to say the rooster got run over again and I didn't return until I had a shovel. Is there anything I can do to keep them away? Gah! I hate those things! It also gave me a small heart attack because at first I thought it was a snake and I would've passed out cold right there in the yard. (One of my cats has recently been bitten by what the vet thinks was a snake, so I was already on edge... Could the cat have been bitten by a lizard? Do they even bite? It was a dark grey color..) Any advice is welcome, I don't think poor Peepers can stand us running him down many more times.

After a second opinion on someone who wasn't mortally terrified, I've discovered its a centipede (which is much worse than a lizard) it has been successfully annihilated, but I do NOT want to repeat this! How do I keep centipedes away?

chances are once they notice the centipede, or you feed it to them, they'll just handle them XD i fed mine a stinkbug. she grabbed it while it was alive, hti it on the wall 3 times and ate it
tongue2.gif
D.gif

,,,, at first I thought it was a snake and I would've passed out cold right there in the yard. (One of my cats has recently been bitten by what the vet thinks was a snake, so I was already on edge... Could the cat have been bitten by a lizard? Do they even bite? It was a dark grey color..) Any advice is welcome, I don't think poor Peepers can stand us running him down many more times.
Careful there about passing out in your own chicken yard or you could end up like Howlet's stinkbug, inside a chicken.
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom