loaded it up again

ninabl

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
franklin ky
i decided about a month ago i wasnt going to hatch any more eggs untill it warms up again. maybe march or so. .... so i loaded up the incubator about a hour ago. i just cant hold out. i got some eggs from a lady in the next town over (she responded to a want ad i put on freecyckle.) and i put 7 of my barred rock eggs in. she said her roosters are a rir and a rir dominic mix. her hens are Tetra Tint and New Hampshire Reds. i got 18 eggs from her. who else is with me?

71119_photo0284.jpg

Oh, those are very pretty! I had to walk away from the computer earlier today to keep myself from bidding on any more eggs. Must get through current hatch BEFORE buying more eggs. So addicting!!

Hahahaha we just hatched 26 on the 17th .... i couldn't wait to run the incubator .... was the first time and it is addicting ... I do have to wait for warmer weather - maybe
wink.png

Last edited:
I was suppose to wait until spring but I couldn't wait and this nice lady offered free eggs so there they go. Lol if they all hatch I will have way to many.

I was suppose to wait until spring but I couldn't wait and this nice lady offered free eggs so there they go. Lol if they all hatch I will have way to many.

I, too, was certain I was going to wait till at least after February before setting more eggs.

Well, I just returned from the post office after picking up 2 doz eggs (and I have another 2 doz on the way).

Willpower . . . Ughhhhh.
roll.png

I wasn't supposed to put any eggs in the bator, but guess what I did this morning.
roll.png
I couldn't resist hatching a dozen of my girls' eggs. 9 RIR and 3 BA/RIR mix.

Back
Top Bottom