Local Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries in Tangipahoah Parish or close by that are a reputable breeder o

That would be awesome! I would really appreciate that. I am kind of new to this, but I know I want some good breeding Black Astralorps that have not been in bred with brothers and sisters. I would like to find a breeder who knows what they are doing. Thanks BoomChickaPop.

I am thinking about maybe ordering some from the Sustainable Poultry Network. I have read that they are about the best when it comes to buying a good straight run and no sister brother crossbreeding. I thought about Ideal Poultry, but I am not to sure about those guys. I have a Permiculture Chicken program from a guy on you tube named Justin Rhodes and there is a fellow on his film named Jim Adkins who is a very well known breeder and he recommends the Sustainable Poultry network and even gives you a complete breakdown on how to truly breed for a great line of Black Astralorps among others. The Permiculture Chicken program I bought from Justin Rhodes is the premium Edition and it covers everything anyone needs to know from correct housing for your birds, to free ranging and moving the birds every couple of days to put them over new fresh grass and also 20 ways to cut your feed bill by 100%. It basically tells you how to make your chickens eat organically and there is a part in the film where Justin interviews another well known chicken farmer who raises the Cornish Cross for meat all organically also. His name is Joel Salatin and he goes into detail about doing that. The program cost $197.00 but it includes a wealth of knowledge building skills for permaculture Chickens. Look up Justin Rhodes on youtube and subscribe to his channel and there is a wealth of knowledge on there and he is always sending new videos out to you. But you get taught exactly how to breed a true and stable line of birds without breeding brothers and sister chicks to each other.
But if you don't mind, keep looking around for me. I wouldn't really mind a drive up to Shreveport to get what I want, but I would also like to see the operation. Sending chicks through the mail is extremely stressful on the chicks ya know?

I am thinking about maybe ordering some from the Sustainable Poultry Network. I have read that they are about the best when it comes to buying a good straight run and no sister brother crossbreeding. I thought about Ideal Poultry, but I am not to sure about those guys. I have a Permiculture Chicken program from a guy on you tube named Justin Rhodes and there is a fellow on his film named Jim Adkins who is a very well known breeder and he recommends the Sustainable Poultry network and even gives you a complete breakdown on how to truly breed for a great line of Black Astralorps among others. The Permiculture Chicken program I bought from Justin Rhodes is the premium Edition and it covers everything anyone needs to know from correct housing for your birds, to free ranging and moving the birds every couple of days to put them over new fresh grass and also 20 ways to cut your feed bill by 100%. It basically tells you how to make your chickens eat organically and there is a part in the film where Justin interviews another well known chicken farmer who raises the Cornish Cross for meat all organically also. His name is Joel Salatin and he goes into detail about doing that. The program cost $197.00 but it includes a wealth of knowledge building skills for permaculture Chickens. Look up Justin Rhodes on youtube and subscribe to his channel and there is a wealth of knowledge on there and he is always sending new videos out to you. But you get taught exactly how to breed a true and stable line of birds without breeding brothers and sister chicks to each other.
But if you don't mind, keep looking around for me. I wouldn't really mind a drive up to Shreveport to get what I want, but I would also like to see the operation. Sending chicks through the mail is extremely stressful on the chicks ya know?
I do Permaculture with all my breeds of chickens. I ordered my first BA's from McMurray, and all were happy and healthy. Cackle Hatchery is a good one too. With the Permaculture, you can use any breed of chicken you want, just black A's lay plenty of eggs. And are SUPER hardy. You could buy Black A's, Buff Orpingtons, any orpington, Speckled Sussex, Barnevelders, etc. Just any one you want mostly. Just chickens with feathered legs don't do very well with the Permaculture.
Here are 2 links to BA's in Shreveport
https://shreveport.craigslist.org/grd/5651257443.html

https://shreveport.craigslist.org/grd/5669008535.html

-BCP

Last edited:
here is one pic I found in Shreveport.
01212_jKxMagEDJqY_600x450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom