Local Hatcheries/ Breeders? SE North Carolina Area

m1chelle1

Crowing
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 12, 2017
East Central Florida
Good morning fellow chicken enthusiasts! Moved from the great PNW to SE North Carolina a few months ago. Needless to say, i purchased a home and am going to be looking to get my back yard flock around Early December time frame (if i can). My question to all of you, is do you know of any breeders or hatcheries that would have chicks that time of year? i could even work with hatching eggs if i had to. I know that if i ship day olds that late in the year from somewhere else in the country i have to order more than i want, so thats not an option. I'm looking for somewhere that would allow me to pick a few up at hatchery. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

I asked this in another thread today when someone said something about going with the closest Hatchery. I posted here so I could get updates by email if someone posts

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/search/gra?query=Chickens this is the best I can do to help you. I use Winston Salems Craigslist Greensboros, Hickorys or Charlottes. If I had one term plans to stay in NC I would start a hatchery here.. or anywhere in the South East since I am not finding any/many.

Last edited:
Good morning fellow chicken enthusiasts! Moved from the great PNW to SE North Carolina a few months ago. Needless to say, i purchased a home and am going to be looking to get my back yard flock around Early December time frame (if i can). My question to all of you, is do you know of any breeders or hatcheries that would have chicks that time of year? i could even work with hatching eggs if i had to. I know that if i ship day olds that late in the year from somewhere else in the country i have to order more than i want, so thats not an option. I'm looking for somewhere that would allow me to pick a few up at hatchery. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

What kind of chickens are you looking for? I hatch out chicks year round. Our farm raises silkies, easter eggers, and New Hampshire’s at the moment. And I current have some chicks available. We are located an hour east of Charlotte. Where exactly are you located?

What kind of chickens are you looking for? I hatch out chicks year round. Our farm raises silkies, easter eggers, and New Hampshire’s at the moment. And I current have some chicks available. We are located an hour east of Charlotte. Where exactly are you located?
yep, wilmington :) i ended up ordering them from McMurry a month ago so im set for a while. thank you!!

I’m near there!!! We’re practically neighbors!
omg:thumbsup i just saw this! myrtle grove or monkey junction area?! i drive by a ladys house where she advertises fresh eggs (off of CB road) and am always thinking about stopping in and saying hello to a fellow chicken enthusiast, but then thinking i dont want to be creepy! LOL :wee:wee

Back
Top Bottom