LOCK DOWN!! Anyone else due the 25th? WE HAVE BABIES AND PICS!! (Pg 4)

duckboatprincess

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Grand Blanc, MI
Well... at the prodding of MJ (just kidding) I am posting that we are officially on lockdown. I've got 10 ee eggs from MJ in the ugly bator. It's homemade and this is our first rodeo. I've really excited...

Last edited:
Me too! I had a boatload of shipped eggs- think I'm down to 10. I've got a bunch of banty cochins, frizzle EEs, and a few wellies & sussex.
fl.gif

I have the 10 ee eggs and then I've got 4 pekin eggs and 2 rouen eggs due the 7th and I think 11 welsh harlequin eggs due the 9th. I want cochins eventually... we need more property. :SIGH

Ahh- banty cochins only need a little room! They don't even go very far free-ranging. I wish we could keep ducks, but our pond dissappears every summer, and the pool thing was a pain in the butt. I LOVE baby duckies!

I'm already over my limit with ducks. I'm allowed 4 or 5 I think and I'm at 7. I just think cochins are so dang cute!!

Pools are a pain, but it's worth it for me. I only change mine every few days. They go down to our pond sometimes too.

I know! I love ducklings. I actually am one of those wierd people who prefer adults to babies. They're less work and I love being able to let them out to free range all day.

I have some due on the 24th and another set due on the 26th. The first set is black orps and I already hear peeps from a few. The other set is Light Sussex that I had in the bator for two weeks then put under a broody. I am so keeping my fingers crossed for those little babies.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Good luck everyone on your hatches!!!
fl.gif

I locked mine down last night too
smile.png
It looks like all 9 are still alive so
fl.gif
I don't think they are due until Saturday though but I keep reading that silkies tend to hatch early. I did see 2 of the eggs rock once they were out of the turner so that was exciting
ya.gif
One or 2 of the eggs looked completly full except for the air sac the last 2 nights. The rest had a little more room in there.
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom