Lock down in 5 days -anyone with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by davekrista, Oct 20, 2010.

1. davekrista

davekrista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    I have been incubating pekin duck eggs and will hit lockdown in 5 days (Monday the 25th) - This is my first hatch and i'm nervous and excited all at the same time. Anyone else hitting lock down?

2. Hi! I've got duck eggs that *should be* hatching the 27th. One of my eggs went rotten, so I'm down to eight.
    I thought we both set the 29th?
    I'm excited --- haven't hatched any 'Lings here since early summer. I set another 20 Pekin and Pied eggs yesterday.
    Good Luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:I think i did set the 29th... And mine are due to hatch on the 27th. Lock down the last 3 days which is the 25th. Right? I had gotten rid of my porous egg, it wasn't doing anything, so I still have 6 out of the original 7.... Good luck with yours.

4. Hi! I'll turn one last time the morning of the 24th and increase humidity and hope for the best --- I treat them like chicken eggs. I don't think a day either way will make a great difference.
    Pekins?
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Yes they are pekins..... This is my first hatch. So on the 24th, I should turn them and increase the humidity at that point? Do I candle before lockdown?

6. adbayer

adbayer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    i lock down on monday too! i have 4 BCM, and 2 blueCM'S

7. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Good luck with your hatch as well adbayer. I hope all is well with your babies. I can't wait. My daughter counts down every morning now before school and crosses off the canlender. I'm not sure who is more excited, her or me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by