Lockdown at 10:55

Quote:
So out of 6 eggs that went into lock down 4 hatched. Pictures soon, I promise. Sadley the last litle guy was stuck for a while (half zipped, leaking dark fluid and literally stuck to the bottom of the bator), membranes drying out.
Had to assist a little which I did not want to do, he had a pea sized yold sac still attached an a rough navel (from what I can tell.) Wrapped the little sac close to his body in a warm wet bandage, and used that non sticking wrap. He's still alive but is not interested in food or water...have him isolated from the others as I finally moved him out of the bator and into the brooder. Temps holding at 100. Hes wrapped up, with his little head out.
Its been a day and a half. He's still with us. Praying he makes it.
Thanks .

I THINK
hide.gif
the temp. for the first week in the brooder is suppose to be only 95*. I haven't hatched anything since spring though so I'm not QUITE sure! Anybody else know what its suppose to be for sure?
Oh, and edited to add... I hope he's doing better! Any updates?

Last edited:
Quote:
So out of 6 eggs that went into lock down 4 hatched. Pictures soon, I promise. Sadley the last litle guy was stuck for a while (half zipped, leaking dark fluid and literally stuck to the bottom of the bator), membranes drying out.
Had to assist a little which I did not want to do, he had a pea sized yold sac still attached an a rough navel (from what I can tell.) Wrapped the little sac close to his body in a warm wet bandage, and used that non sticking wrap. He's still alive but is not interested in food or water...have him isolated from the others as I finally moved him out of the bator and into the brooder. Temps holding at 100. Hes wrapped up, with his little head out.
Its been a day and a half. He's still with us. Praying he makes it.
Thanks .

I THINK
hide.gif
the temp. for the first week in the brooder is suppose to be only 95*. I haven't hatched anything since spring though so I'm not QUITE sure! Anybody else know what its suppose to be for sure?
Oh, and edited to add... I hope he's doing better! Any updates?

You are very nice to ask. His yolk sac is absorbed but he still has this dark gooey
stuff around his naval. Not sure if it's remaining umbilical chord
remnants or what.
He's thirsty. Got him to drink drops of sugar water from a syringe.
Next will try mashed boiled yolk and warm water.
He's a very tenacious little one.
The others are doing well. Running around eating drinking
and pooping. And yelling.
Thanks for the temp advice. I will move the bulb up an inch or two.

Back
Top Bottom