Lockdown Day in NR360

nickkaylee

Chirping
Jul 27, 2021
Okay tonight starts lockdown for my Serama eggs. What should the humidity be at now? The humidity is sitting at 62 right now, and I down have B even close to full yet. Should I keep filling it? What do I want my humidity at now? It has been at an average of about 50-52 throughout incubation no matter what I did. Candled before I closed, and all appear to be alive and moving.

Yep, fill up A and B, so it doesn’t evaporate out. Humidity is affected by surface area of the water, so the depth won’t change it, once it covers the whole surface.

50 sounds a little high for the beginning days, did the air cells get big enough?

Yep, fill up A and B, so it doesn’t evaporate out. Humidity is affected by surface area of the water, so the depth won’t change it, once it covers the whole surface.

50 sounds a little high for the beginning days, did the air cells get big enough?
Honestly I'm not sure. This is only my second time trying to incubate and I couldn't get the humidity to stay below 50.

Just a suggestion for that incubator - I lay a piece of rubber shelf liner on the grate after I remove the turner. Especially with seramas, their little feet are so little, I've seen them get caught in the grate.

Good luck with the hatch!

You can also candle through the window with that incubator, if you set them a couple inches away, pointing the right direction:
WP_20180508_08_06_31_Pro.jpg

Just a suggestion for that incubator - I lay a piece of rubber shelf liner on the grate after I remove the turner. Especially with seramas, their little feet are so little, I've seen them get caught in the grate.

Good luck with the hatch!
I put it in lockdown last night. Should I still open it to do that? If have to take all the eggs out...

Wow is

That how big the air cell is supposed to be? If it is then no way were they that big...
That pic was just after drawdown, which makes them look bigger. This is day 17 or 18. This may be a little larger than necessary, but I run my NR360 with zero water until the last 3 days
DC46462B-DC99-49A3-9E29-E75952FD9EDA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom