Lockdown day, place air cell up?

Alaskaduck

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2017
Hello, today is lockdown for my 8 Welsh Harlequins. When I remove the turner and place them on their sides on the wire mesh (covered with no slip lining) do I want their air cell facing up? I've lightly outlined them all in pencil. I know fat end of the shell goes up but wondering if it matters where I place air cell. Thanks.

IMG_2263.JPG
Ok thanks. I'd also read a lot about the ones hatching first knocking the others around a lot. I have a big incubator with only 8 eggs in it. I used leftover cabinet liner to make buffers so each egg has a little cushion. Too much?

Attachments

• IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    498.2 KB · Views: 1
Sounds good. I thought they might but also thought they shouldn't be too segregated from each other. They're removable, just wedged in there. I'm nervous for hatch as it's my first time. Air cells look good except one seems quite a bit smaller than the others (the air cell, not the egg). Would that be the one to possibly watch the closest?

Sounds good. I thought they might but also thought they shouldn't be too segregated from each other. They're removable, just wedged in there. I'm nervous for hatch as it's my first time. Air cells look good except one seems quite a bit smaller than the others (the air cell, not the egg). Would that be the one to possibly watch the closest?

Absolutely but don't panic if it takes a little longer to hatch just keep a little closer eye on it. How much smaller is the air cell?

Just curious what you're running your temp and humidity at? If this is your first hatch there are tons of people on here that can help walk you thru this and ease your nerves a bit.

View attachment 1022708 Ok thanks. I'd also read a lot about the ones hatching first knocking the others around a lot. I have a big incubator with only 8 eggs in it. I used leftover cabinet liner to make buffers so each egg has a little cushion. Too much?
I just wonder if this will block air movement some(uneven temp), cause the humidity to not be right? I never worried about the eggs being rolled, I know some do. If I hear a egg get slammed real Loud, I say 8 ball in the corner pocket----LOL(I ran a pool hall for some time). Eggs being rolled has not effected my hatch, But everyone Please---set-up Like you feel you need to!!

I just wonder if this will block air movement some(uneven temp), cause the humidity to not be right?

Possibly. That does look like a lot of restriction. my wife separates her breeds out in some sort of containers with holes in them then puts those in zip up laundry bags despite my protests and heat and humidity circulate thru those so maybe it will be fine.

Absolutely but don't panic if it takes a little longer to hatch just keep a little closer eye on it. How much smaller is the air cell?

It seems to me to look closer to a 21 day duck cell. The rest look closer to 27 days

Back
Top Bottom