Lockdown Humidity Help

Renada_

Chirping
Mar 3, 2023
It’s currently day 18 and I kept my incubator at 50-55% humidity the entire time, I live in Ok. What humidity would be ideal for lockdown? I have it at 75% rn, but I feel like that is way too high.

I like 65% for lockdown and hatching. 50-55% for day 1 to 18 is quite high. Have your eggs lost enough moisture and the air cell grown large enough?
I think so, I’m not positive. They seem to go a little ways down from the top. About I’ll draw about where they are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 21
This is one of my eggs
The dip should really go far up on one side
My eggs were incubated in a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance with the pointed end of the egg down until today. All of the air cells are perfect circles around the top except one that looks like yours and it was a little sideways in the incubator. This is my second incubation and I just can’t remember what I did last time, which is why I’m asking so many questions.

Open your air vents to bring the humidity down to 65% to 70%. When the chicks hatch they release there own humidity which causes the incubator to spike up to 80% + humidity. Just keep that in mind.

Open your air vents to bring the humidity down to 65% to 70%. When the chicks hatch they release there own humidity which causes the incubator to spike up to 80% + humidity. Just keep that in mind.
Okay, it’s at 66% now. These darn birds are gonna be the death of me some day 😂

My eggs were incubated in a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance with the pointed end of the egg down until today. All of the air cells are perfect circles around the top except one that looks like yours and it was a little sideways in the incubator. This is my second incubation and I just can’t remember what I did last time, which is why I’m asking so many questions.
Even if eggs are in a turner pointy end down the air cells of the egg looses enough liquid should look like mine
My last mark was 2 days after the mark before as it moved quickly once baby started to internal
It was a tad bigger then my last mark
For myself I do duck eggs not chicken and chicken usually are lower humidity
I run 45 % till lockdown then 65-70 for hatching
To high of humidity will cause an ebb not to loose enough liquid causing smaller air cells and drowning of the baby at hatch
To low of humidity will cause to much liquid lost and babies run out of room can lead to early hatch or death at hatch time
I weigh my eggs and mark my air cells weekly
This way if I’m not loosing enough or to much I adjust my humidity to fix the problem

Back
Top Bottom