In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
South of Palm Springs, Cali
The 13th at 2:30 is lockdown for me!
big_smile.png
I hope I get a good hatch.
fl.gif
Already lost 7 silkie eggs. I think I candled way too much early on and that may have caused it. I am a newbie to chickens and next time won't touch the eggs until day 7 or 10.

I will post pictures as they hatch! My EE's I am not sure what's going on with them as I can't really see through most of them...never could.
sad.png

Kari

Im going on lockdown on the 13th too! i have 18 wild turkey eggs im hoping will hatch!!! had some fluctuation in temp early on and some of the eggs have already started rocking back and forth and moving! if i could jst get six i would be estatic! Good luck wirth yours!!!

This is my first try at hatching-
I set 15 Buff Cochin eggs in my LG forced air on June 25.
I just "locked down" 12 and I am just
fl.gif
I get at least ONE live chick!
I had a major humidity dip today (down to 20% as I stupidly forgot to check the wells
barnie.gif
) so now I have way too much anxiety!
I candled last night and saw movement in at least two eggs, but now, who knows?
Gee- I guess you really CAN'T count your chickens until they hatch!
lol.png

Moving already?!?
ep.gif

Yay!
I am seriously happy for you & your eggs- Go peeps go!!!

I am already cross eyed from peering at my eggs through the 'bator window, and have pressed my ear to it so many times today in hopes of hearing a "peep," it's not even funny!!!!

Thank you! I was surprised that as soon as I took them out of the turner and laid them down 3 were moving and then within an hour 3 more were moving.
ep.gif
None of the others have moved yet. I think I have been at the bator all day, seriously!! I can't get myself to concentrate on work or do anything else.
lau.gif
I have 3 EE eggs moving and 3 silkie eggs moving. This is insane watching the bator like I am doing.
gig.gif

Hoping we both have a decent hatch!
fl.gif
fl.gif

Kari

Last edited:
i COUNTED 7 OF 18 MOVING!!! I have one thats pipped!!! Except its pipped on the wrong end and chirping like crazy poor guy! Other than that lots of movement and lots of chirping! Hope yours goes okay!

I know what you mean patty, I hope I get at least one too! Day 21 is on Wed. for us. I'm so nervous and crossing my fingers for a good hatch for everyone!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom