Lockdown on the 13th...anyone else?

The poor guy that pipped at the wrong end is still stuck! its sad..I want to help but dont want to ruin the others..its been about 34 hours now!!!! Anyhows lots of chirps and movement! Glad everyone else is doing GOOD! I need miracles.LOL bout 18 of em!!!! Good luck everyone..Last one to hatch will be me and i guess that makes me the rotten egg! LOL

Yay, Patty!!
clap.gif
I haven't heard any cheeps coming from the bator. Just a little movement and the 1 silkie working his way out. This is very stressful for me.
lau.gif
I didn't think it would be, but it is. I am having a lot of anxiety over this too.
lol.png
It really depends on how many hatch out this time on whether I try it again. I don't have room to order day old chicks. I think the minimum is 25 or something like that.
ep.gif
My next endeavor is ducks. I need to find non-flying domestic ones, so I have been looking into all of that.
hide.gif

Sending hatching vides to everyone!!
fl.gif

pop.gif

Kari

Last edited:
Poor little guy!
sad.png
Hopefully he will make it out on his own. I would be so tempted to help. I know it must be hard for you not to do it. It would be for me. Here's hoping he makes it out. Keep us all posted on him.
fl.gif

Quote:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just got three more that pipped! The one that pipped in the narrow end has now become motion less for a long time and is completely quiet..Very sad....Anyhows Might have a few early hatches!!!!! Update as they go! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Awww
That is so sad.
hit.gif

Since our one peep/pip this afternoon we've got nothing going on- no noise, no movement.
I know I need to give it a lot more time, but I am already expecting the worst.
sigh.

We've got nothing happening here either, but tomorrow is day 21 so I am not too worried yet.Tomorrow I will be though if nothing starts to happen.
sad.png

fingers still crossed for everyone!
fl.gif

Lockdown for me was the 13th at 11 PM. So far, nothing. No pips, no movement. It's my first hatch, and it might be a pretty bad one at this rate.
hmm.png

Edited to add: keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. It's not over yet!

Last edited:
Well im incubating turkey eggs so it takes 28 not 21..I used 40 to 50% the first 25 now at 75% humidity..temp 99.5...

I have 9 pipped out of 18 with 1 probably dead and another that pipped the wrong end too!

No zipping yet and some that pipped the egg is just slightley dented and cracked...

Movement chirping and pipping has really slowed down this evening and im hoping they are just resting...Anyhows hopw to wake in the morning to several chicks!

I still only have the one pipped. He is moving in there. Haven't had a lot of movement today with the others, but one egg that didn't move yesterday moved today.
smile.png
I locked down at 2:30 p.m. on the 13th so I am officially going into day 19 now (5 hours ago). I still have 2 more days.
fl.gif

Sorry to hear about the little guy, hambone and the other one too that pipped the wrong end. You look like you have a lot going on today!
woot.gif

Cicene,
I had my temp between 99.5 and 100.5. Sometimes it went up to 101. My humidity was between 40% and 45%. Now, my humidity is ranging between 60% and 65%. This is my first hatch too. I am using an LG still air, no fan.

Amy, sending you good hatching vibes!
fl.gif

Patty, you still have a couple more days.
fl.gif

I am exhausted from this! I seriously wish they would all hurry up and hatch so I can rest.
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom