Lockdown question

Sydney65

Crowing
Aug 2, 2019
Indiana
As mentioned before, I found 4 eggs that I added to the incubator, then transferred to another unit those ready for lockdown. One of the 4 quit, leaving 3 in the unit right now.
(A) is due for lockdown on the 12th
(B1) (B2) are due for lockdown on the 16th.
This may sound silly, but i was wondering if we could meet in the middle somewhere so they could lockdown together instead of having another Singleton?
I must admit, I'm excited to meet B2. It's not every day you candle and see 2 eyeballs looking back at you. 😂
I snagged one of Rosie's eggs today while she was eating & did a brief candling. It was full, so hopefully her ordeal is abt over. The air cell wasn't nearly the size of an incubated egg, though. Possibly too humid? We have been running very high.
I know it's just nature doing it's thing, but she reminds me of a decrepit little old lady, weight loss and slow moving. The boys moved in so close to her that you'd have thought they were supporting her as they walked to the coop.
On the other hand, I'm enjoying this brief period of the 2 boys playing "Daddy" & not chasing each other. I had the 3 little ones in the garden with me today. The Jumbo decided they shouldn't be there, made a fuss & they went running to him. I clapped my hands to head them back to the coop, & when I looked back, the two males were following me side by side with about 6" of space between them,the 3 keets filling the space, & into the coop they marched.

You can keep candling and wait for your egg that's due to lockdown on the 12th to be pipped internally before putting them in lockdown. That's what I do when I have a hatch that's a bit spread out. The two groups will probably still hatch separately with a few days between them, but if they are in with egg A then the sounds of it preparing to hatch may speed up the other two a bit.

Your group sound adorable.

As mentioned before, I found 4 eggs that I added to the incubator, then transferred to another unit those ready for lockdown. One of the 4 quit, leaving 3 in the unit right now.
(A) is due for lockdown on the 12th
(B1) (B2) are due for lockdown on the 16th.
This may sound silly, but i was wondering if we could meet in the middle somewhere so they could lockdown together instead of having another Singleton?
I must admit, I'm excited to meet B2. It's not every day you candle and see 2 eyeballs looking back at you. 😂
I snagged one of Rosie's eggs today while she was eating & did a brief candling. It was full, so hopefully her ordeal is abt over. The air cell wasn't nearly the size of an incubated egg, though. Possibly too humid? We have been running very high.
I know it's just nature doing it's thing, but she reminds me of a decrepit little old lady, weight loss and slow moving. The boys moved in so close to her that you'd have thought they were supporting her as they walked to the coop.
On the other hand, I'm enjoying this brief period of the 2 boys playing "Daddy" & not chasing each other. I had the 3 little ones in the garden with me today. The Jumbo decided they shouldn't be there, made a fuss & they went running to him. I clapped my hands to head them back to the coop, & when I looked back, the two males were following me side by side with about 6" of space between them,the 3 keets filling the space, & into the coop they marched.
You can put them all into lockdown at the same time that is proper for egg A. The others are close enough that it won't hurt them,.

Back
Top Bottom