Lockdown starts tomorrow for the 'hurricane' eggs

Chickadee93

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
PA
AKA my first hatch ever!! A week after incubation the hurricane hit (power was lost and I thought they were goners) but it looks like 7 or 8 out of my 15 original eggs are still alive.

Candled today and they all have healthy veins and I swear I saw movement in a few of them..I can't wait to see the lil peeps on Saturday if they all make it!
ya.gif
Aaaaand I'll need to start looking for homes for EE roos because there is NO WAY they're all going to be pullets because that is my luck
roll.png

Good Luck, chicks are always exciting, especially when they have a survival story. I once had a chick survive 3 days on the kitchen table at room tempature at day 17 of incubation. Onca again, good luck!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Id give you my luck as i feathered sexed my 10 chicks and it only showed 3 at most being males. Lol i have eggs going on lockdown the 9th i doubt any will hatch as they were ebay eggs.

Augh this wait is terrible...any day now...
roll.png

Float tested three eggs because I am IMPATIENT and they are all good so hopefully???tomorrow??? I'll have some pips

Incubator temp has been on the low side for the whole term so I'm expecting them to be a tad late.

Back
Top Bottom